New Jersey DUI Lawyer Explains If You Can Go to Canada with a DWI

I am often asked as an experienced New Jersey DUI Lawyer if someone can enter Canada if they have a DWI on their record. Canada has access to the driving records of certain states, and if you’re entering into Canada as a United States Citizen and you have a DWI conviction from New Jersey, they’re likely to have that information as you cross the border. Be aware that you might have to explain whether the case is pending or how it resolved. More than likely, they will allow you to enter their country but may detain you each and every time you come back and ask you to get certain paperwork for your next visit, so don’t be surprised if you’re stopped and questioned about a case that happened in New Jersey.

Do you want to visit Canada, but have a DWI on your record? Contact experienced New Jersey DUI Lawyer Carl Spector to fight for your freedom.

This educational blog was brought to you by Carl Spector, an experienced New Jersey DUI Lawyer.