Gun Crime Defense Attorney in Glen Rock, NJ
The state of New Jersey takes gun-related offenses very seriously, as it has some of the strictest firearms laws in the country. Anyone facing gun charges can be subject to the long-term burdens of a criminal record, in addition to the fines, jail time, and other penalties associated with a conviction of this magnitude. If you have been arrested on gun charges in the state of New Jersey, it is essential that you have strong legal representation on your side. The Law Office of Carl Spector has the skill and experience it takes to fight to protect your future. Contact our firm today to discuss your situation.
Gun and Weapons Offenses in NJ
It is no secret that New Jersey’s gun laws are very restrictive, meaning that not everyone can lawfully purchase, possess, or use a gun. Individuals must obtain certain permits to purchase and carry firearms. It is worth noting that firearm carry permits are very rarely issued in the state. Some of the many weapons offenses in New Jersey include the following:
- Possession of a gun without a valid New Jersey permit
- Possession of an unregistered gun
- Possession of a stolen gun
- Unlawful carry, whether open or concealed
- Bringing weapons, legal or illegal, into New Jersey from out of state
- Possession of an assault rifle
- Possession of a sawed-off shotgun
- Unlawful possession of a BB gun or airsoft gun
- Unlawful possession of a baseball bat, crowbar, or knife for criminal purposes
New Jersey Firearms Charges and Consequences
The Law Office of Carl Spector understands the significance and potential long-term impacts a gun charge can have, which is why our firm will tirelessly work to defend you from them. Some of the charges you may face for violating gun laws in the state of New Jersey include the following:
- The unlawful possession of a rifle or shotgun is a crime in the third degree
- The unlawful possession of a spring gun or air gun is a crime in the third degree
- The unlawful possession of a machine gun, handgun, or assault rifle is a crime in the second degree
These crimes are accompanied by very serious consequences. A third-degree crime may be punishable by 3 to 5 years in jail. A second-degree crime may be punishable by 5 to 10 years in jail. If you are facing gun charges in New Jersey, you need to retain strong legal representation from an attorney you can count on.
Contact a Bergen County Gun Crimes Attorney
Gun crimes are some of the most serious offenses in New Jersey. The Law Office of Carl Spector has proudly served clients throughout Bergen County for over 30 years. Our firm has the skill and experience it takes to protect your future. With so much at stake, you need a legal team that can effectively explore all possible defenses on your behalf. The Law Office of Carl Spector is here to help. To discuss your situation with a knowledgeable New Jersey legal team, contact The Law Office of Carl Spector today.